As we enter the second half of the year, the question, “Are you ready to expand?”, feels apropos.
Often times, the emphasis for “getting things going”, or “creating new behaviors”, is placed at the beginning of the year….
Although, when you think about it, the mid-year point is equally as opportunistic for you to start making positive shifts in your life, yah?
With this in mind……perhaps you can use some of the highlights and takeaways from June’s newsletters to support you in your transition into the second half of the year…..
SELF-COMPASSION GOES A LONG WAY:
When you reside in the place of comparing yourself to others, or in the SHOULD statements, “I should have done that thing better”, you’re essentially residing is in the place of, “I’m not good enough”.
If you find yourself in the “I’m not good enough” place, there’s a really simple, and effective 3-step formula to give yourself compassion:
1. The first step is to recognize that the “I’m not good enough” statement is a judgement you’re holding against yourself.
2. The second step is to forgive yourself for the judgement, “I forgive myself for judging myself for not being good enough.”
3. The third step is to speak the truth, “The truth is that I’m amazing”, or whatever, resounding positive affirmation works best for you.
LEARNING ABOUT YOUR PATTERNS IGNITES CHANGE:
Often times people will ask me in very simple terms, “How do I become a better leader?”
My belief is that there are many skill sets, qualities and attributes that make someone an effective leader; however, the process of becoming a better leader always starts in the same place….
It starts by becoming more familiar with the patterns and behaviors that hold you back.
Here’s a list of 8 common ones that I’ve run into in my own life, and witnessed in others…
- Continually run late for appointments.
- Value being right over being effective.
- Say “yes” when you’d like to say “no”.
- Don’t see or realize your impact on others.
- Become impatient when changes don’t happen fast enough.
- Don’t stand up for yourself and avoid conflict.
- Accomplish what you want and then throw it away because you don’t deserve it.
- Settle for less because you feel you’re not worth it.
Do any of these sound familiar to you?
If so, take note of it……Learn “WHY” you do this.
LEARNING “WHY” CAN BE TRANSFORMATIONAL FOR YOU:
Over the past few months, I’ve spoke about our upcoming 2-day retreat & 3-month coaching program called, Expand Into Greatness.
The program is designed to support your transformation.
It’s going to be an awesome event and amazing opportunity to get to the core of why you’re feeling stuck, or break through to the next level of your career, or take that leap of faith that you’ve been dying to take.
Firstly, the retreat is taking place on July 12-14.
The 3 month coaching program immediately follows…
The intention of the program is to help you identify the ONE THING that would make the biggest difference in your life if you were able to address it effectively.
On the surface, this seems really easy to do….
Focus on one thing….
Make the change…
BUT…..we know too well the sobering truth that change is hard, and even harder to maintain.
Typically, it isn’t a lack of willpower.
Rather, the failure to meet your goals, may be the result of your emotional immune system…
…a system that helps protect you from the emotional fallout that can come from change…
….namely disappointment and shame.
In our program, we provide you with a framework to overcome emotional pitfalls and help you arrive at true transformation.
We have amazing and inspiring people attending and still have some spots remaining. Love to have you join us!!
ALL THE INFORMATION IS HERE: www.expandintogreatness.com